AUSTIN, TEXAS May 11, 2021 — Keller Williams (“KW”), the world’s largest real estate technology franchise by agent count and the U.S. leader in units and sales volume, reports Q1 ’21 results, having achieved significant growth and technology milestones, and topped franchise and corporate culture rankings.
“Q1 ’21 marks our third successive quarter of historic growth for Keller Williams,” said Carl Liebert, CEO of kwx, the holding company of KW. “We kicked off 2021 by breaking our production records again.”
“Our continued remarkable pace is due to the strong dedication and commitment of our agents to serve their clients at the highest levels in the midst of a hypercompetitive housing market,” said Liebert.
Keller Williams is home to 167,464 agents in the United States and Canada and 12,912 agents operating outside of the United States and Canada, for a total of 180,376 agents worldwide, as of March 31.
In Q1 ’21 alone, KW added 3,909 net agents across the U.S. and worldwide regions.
“At Keller Williams, we remain committed to providing real estate agents with the best culture, training, coaching and technology to continue to outpace the market of the moment,” said Marc King, president, Keller Williams. “We believe our results speak best on those efforts.”
Corporate and Industry Highlights
- Command, a smart CRM-plus solution, made available in Q1 ’19, now has 158,326 yearly active users, as of March 31. Active users are up 24.8% over Q1 ’20.
- In Q1 ’21, monthly active users (MAU) hit 94,100 in Command’s most popular app Contacts.
- As of the end of Q1 ’21, agents had added a cumulative 69.7 million contacts in Command since launch in 2019, up by 39.8% from Q1 ’20 end.
- In Q1 ’21, 19,101 live referrals were sent within the Keller Cloud, representing $5.7 billion in sales volume; up by 26.3% from Q1 ’20 end.
- As of March 31, the Campaigns App of Command, a smart ad campaign creation and syndication tool, in Q1 ’21 generated a cumulative 564,911 leads across Facebook (547,960) and Instagram (16,951) alone; up by 112.7% from Q1 ’20 end.
- As of March 31, average cost per lead (ACPL) for KW agents inside Command was $2.24 in the U.S. and Canada across social media platforms. ACPL for Facebook was $2.17.
- As of March 31, agents have run a cumulative 42,536,074 SmartPlans, the automated marketing and task management app with Command, since launch. SmartPlans in flight represent a fourfold increase since the end of Q1 ’20.
- In January, Swanepoel ranked Gary Keller the no. 2 most powerful person in residential real estate on the 2021 Swanepoel Power 200.
- In January, Glassdoor ranked KW no. 33 on annual Best Places to Work ranking.
- In January, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked KW no. 107 in its ranking of the top 500 franchises.
- In February, Marc King was appointed as president of KW.
- In February, Forbes featured KW on its annual list of America’s Best Employers 2021.
- In February, Franchise Business Review ranked KW as 2021 Top Franchise.
- In March, five young Keller Williams professionals joined the 21st anniversary class of REALTOR® Magazine’s “30 Under 30.”
- Inside Q1 ’21, kwx announced the appointments of Chris Cox as chief technology and digital officer, Stacie Herron as chief legal officer, Dave Smith as president of Keller Home Financial Services, TV Kumaresh as head of strategy planning and integration, and Paige Gorman as vice president of integration.
“We are relentlessly focused on developing those capabilities that deliver in the moments that matter most to agents and their clients with uncompromising standards for quality, performance and experience,” said Chris Cox, chief technology and digital officer, kwx.
“We will continue to develop experiences guided by human-centered design practices and build a firm foundation for ongoing innovation,” said Cox.
United States and Canada (production in Q1 ’21)
- As of March 31, agents closed 272,688 transactions, up 21.3% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents closed $98.1 billion in sales volume, up 39.7% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents took 162,084 new listings (new market inventory), down 4.6% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents wrote 319,203 contracts (projected closings), up 16.1% over Q1 ’20.
- Contracts written volume was $116.6 billion, up 35.1% over Q1 ’20.
“According to the National Association of REALTORS® closed transactions across the U.S. were up 13.9% and sales volume was up 27.6% over Q1 ’20,” said Jason Abrams, head of industry, kwx. “Our agents have once again substantially outperformed our industry on those metrics.”
Keller Williams Worldwide Momentum (production outside the U.S. and Canada in Q1 ’21)
- As of March 31, agent count outside the U.S. and Canada was 12,912, up 23.1% from Q1 ’20.
- Agents closed 13,088 transactions in Q1 ’21, up 58.7% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents closed $2.5 billion in sales volume, up 100.0% from Q1 ’20.
- Agents took 27,407 new listings (new market inventory), up 21.8% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents wrote 16,209 contracts (projected closings), up 51.0% over Q1 ’20.
- Contracts written volume was $2.4 billion, up 100.9% over Q1 ’20.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, KWW’s regions include: Albania; Argentina; Aruba; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Czech Republic; Dominican Republic; Dubai, UAE; France; Greater Shanghai, China; Greece; Honduras; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jamaica; Japan; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Mexico; Monaco; Mongolia; Morocco; Nicaragua; Northern Cyprus; Panama; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Serbia; Slovenia; Southern Africa; Southern Cyprus; Spain; Thailand; Trinidad and Tobago; Turkey; Turks and Caicos; United Kingdom; Uruguay; and Vietnam.
About Keller Williams
Austin, Texas-based Keller Williams, the world’s largest real estate technology franchise by agent count, has more than 1,080 offices and 195,000 associates. The franchise is also No. 1 in units and sales volume in the United States. kwx is the holding company of Keller Williams.
In 2020, Keller Williams initially began the formation of kwx, composed of Keller Williams, Keller Williams Worldwide, Keller Offers and Keller Home Financial Services, consisting of Keller Mortgage and Keller Covered.
Since 1983, the company has cultivated an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. For more information, visit kwx.kw.com.